Tuesday 22 April 2014

My First Blog Post!

Hello world, I'm Áıne, and tomorrow I am moving to London. Before any of you ask, no, not London, Ontario.. London, England. My life was turned upside down a couple months ago upon hearing the news that my dad got a new job In England. Anyone who knows anything about me knows that I am obsessed with anything, and everything British. Between fantasizing about attending London Fashion Week, keeping up to date with British pop-culture, juggling a busy dance schedule, and worrying about every other little thing in my life because I'm a stupid teenager, I have a clothing fetish. If I were as rich as the Kardashians, I would own just about every single piece of designer clothing ever made. Be that as it may, I find myself continuously stuck drooling over lines on the internet. Thank the Lord for Tumblr. Of course, once understanding that we’d be making the big move across the Atlantic Ocean, I thought immediately of three things: One, that my first stop would most definitely be Topshop at Oxford Circus (their flagship store); two, that I will now be so close to my favorite Youtubers and artists; and three, that I might finally fit in with my style. Vancouver is an absolutely gorgeous city, and I have loved living here, however it is not hard to see that I don’t quite fit in with my style. I just present myself slightly differently than most people here. I have always been a bit more outgoing than your stereotypical Vancouverite who’s uniform is often includes yoga pants. If you’re from here, you’ll know what I mean. But you see, in my mind, leggings are made for lounging around the house in. You will seldom find me roaming around in public sporting a pair of leggings. It’s just not how I roll.

For those of you that don't know, I have an awesome older sister with an even more awesome nail art blog entitled Globe and Nail.  I definitely think you should all go check her out.

Well anyways, I hope to give you all some inspiration with this blog. Whether that involves clothing, makeup products, food, nail polish, or anything else I am loving. I hope this works out. I am feeling very excited to start this new chapter in my life and I can’t wait to share it all with you.

Cheers!
Áıne
(p.s. my name is pronounced “On-ya”)

4 comments:

  1. Following your blog might be the best thing for my fashion and the worst thing for my bank account. I know that I'll be spending muchos $$$ at TopShop on Granville this summer so long as you keep regularly posting. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookout, London! This girl is gonna take you by storm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am at once thrilled to find that you are a fellow Vancouverite and dismayed that you are leaving! Bah! Have fun in London!

    ReplyDelete